Welcome to our website!
- The term ‘TutorNow Pte Ltd’ or ‘TutorNow’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. All visitors on our site shall be considered as “users”. There are two types of users: users who register with TutorNow known as “Tutors” or “Registered Users” and users looking to hire tutor known as "Clients".
- Registration as tutor, user account, security, password and personal information.
Individual who register to become a "tutor" must be 18years old and above, a Singapore citizen/ Singapore permanent resident (PR)/ Valid employment pass holder and not been previously barred from receiving our services.
When submitting your registration as Tutor, we will collect personal information such as your name, gender, nationality, race, birth year, postal code address, educational background and teaching experience. It is mandatory information required by our client in order to facilitate tuition matching. There is no violation of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore.
User who registers as Tutor with TutorNow, you are required to provide accurate, comprehensive, valid and latest information about yourself in the registration forms. Registered user as Tutor is required to provide complete and accurate information when submitting soft copies of documents, photos or certificates thru our platform, email or whatsapp. Any registered user found to submit false or inaccurate information may lead to the termination of your user account, and also barred from receiving our services. You are obliged to update the information should there be any changes. We are not to be held responsible for any failure in the delivery of our services that may be caused as a result from information that is invalid, inaccurate and incomplete.
Please note that you are the sole authorized user of your account. Henceforth, you are liable for the protection of your account details such as password and login ID. If you suspect that your account has been breached, you are advised to inform us immediately. TutorNow will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from a breach of the security of your account.
User may reach us via email at email@example.com to request deletion of your account. However, deleting or terminating of your account will lead to the full deletion of any information and data linked to your account. Deleted information will not be able to retrieve.
- Payment and Agency Fees.
All references of payment are in Singapore dollars. Registered users i.e. Tutors are responsible for all taxes and your own CPF contributions for any payment or fees that you collect through the clients.
Tuition rates listed on our websites are served as a guideline of current market rates. Exact price may differ depending on client's requirement and tutor's hourly rate expectation. The final rate is determined by the official confirmation invoice and email sent by TutorNow to both our client and tutor. Tuition rates agreed upon should be adhered to for the first month. Any trial lesson requested by client will be chargeable accordingly.
Upon completion of 2 weeks of active lessons, clients are required to make payment transfer for the agency fee directly to TutorNow. Thereafter, client will pay the remaining lessons to the tutor directly. Clients are obliged to precede payment within 3 calendar days from upon the due date and are responsible to notify us immediately after making payment so that we can verify and confirm the payment. TutorNow hold no responsibility for any unknown funds deposited into our account without updating us the receipt / screenshot proof of payment transfer. We reserve the right to request payment again if proof of payment cannot be provided.
For Tutors who collect the agency fees on behalf of TutorNow should inform us immediately and make full payment within 3 calendar days. Tutors who fail to pay the agency fees on due time to us will be liable for late payment costs arsing from legal and administrative fees incur in the payment collection.
Clients are liable to pay tuition fees for all attended lessons and hours. If clients make payment in advance, refunds may be made to the client’s bank account if the full number of lessons paid for were not conducted. For any outstanding payments, TutorNow staff will ask for payment through phone calls or messages mode of communication. However, payment reminders by mail and/or legal action may be taken if payment delays exceed more than 14 calendar days. The debtor will be liable to pay all costs (including legal and administrative fees) that may be incurred by TutorNow in enforcing the payment of money. Any delay in payment should be communicated and acknowledged by TutorNow staff immediately to avoid any misunderstandings arising from outstanding payments incurred.
TutorNow will not be legally responsible for any disputes and issues arising with regards to tuition fees and payments between the tutor and the client beyond the first month of tuition.
- Assignment Agreement.
Clients may cancel or request for a change in tutor after the first lesson on reasonable grounds, but all fees for conducted lessons must be paid to TutorNow as we will proceed to refund the tutor accordingly.
Client should notify tutor at least 1 day in advance of any changes in rescheduling, unless in emergency. Otherwise that lesson will be chargeable. The scheduled date and time of 1st lesson shall be fixed and hold to. Unless due to unforeseen circumstance, client can liaise and reschedule with tutor directly, and update TutorNow at soonest. Any changes in frequency, first lesson date and tuition payment due date should be made known to TutorNow immediately, as it will result in a change of our commission collection process.
TutorNow made it mandatory for the tutor to bring all their relevant certificates and NRIC on the first lesson for verifications purpose. Clients have the right to request to view the original copies of the tutor’s credentials prior to the start of the lesson. However, clients do not have the right to make copies or to retain the tutor’s credentials.
- Conduct of Tutors.
TutorNow expects all tutors to conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. TutorNow reserves the right to terminate the assignment immediately should we deem the tutor’s conduct to be unsatisfactory. Repeated poor conduct would lead to suspension or terminating of your account. Guidelines of proper conduct include but are not limited to:
- Tutors should always be on time for lessons, this is especially so for the first lesson. Prior to attending the first lesson, please ensure that you have looked up the exact location of client’s address. Leave home earlier then what is expected to cater for lost time in the event you are unable to find your way to the client’s residence. Losing your way should not be an excuse for being late. If being late is inevitable due to unforeseen circumstances, you should inform the client as soon as possible
- Should a change in tuition schedule be required, it is the tutor’s responsibility to ensure that the client is notified at least 2 days in advance, unless due to sickness, in which a doctor’s medical certificate (MC) should be provided.
- Ensure regular communication with the clients to provide updates on the student’s progress.
- One of the characteristics of a good tutor is the ability to motivate and encourage his/her students; hence, verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated.
- Termination of User Account.
Tutors who fail to comply in accordance with the proper conduct guidelines will subject to termination or suspension of user account.
As a registered user of our website, you agree that TutorNow may without any prior written notice, suspend, modify, terminate, discontinue or limit your account and access to any of our services. The reasons for such termination or suspension include, but are not limited to: any breach of the terms and conditions as mentioned in this context, any form of fraudulent or illegal activities, the nonpayment of any fees, poor performance, Etc.
Registered user also agrees that any terminations, suspensions or limitations of access are made at TutorNow’s sole discretion. We are not responsible nor do we have to explain to any tutor with regards to termination of their profile or access to our services. Furthermore, you also agree with TutorNow may stop operations at any time.
Termination of user account will include the deletion of all information associated with your account, and the removal of all access to all of the services offered by TutorNow. You may also request to terminate or cancel your profile by submitting a request to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The termination may take up to 14 calendar days to process.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, text, logos and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. Any unauthorised reproduction of this website content may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Use of this website and these terms are governed by the laws of Singapore. Any claim relating to use of the website shall be heard by Singapore Courts.